Sunday, March 29, 2009
Friday Evening we had the Andrew Clan over for dinner and Smores'!! All of our kids are close in age so it's a lot of fun to get together and let the kids play! The boys had been wanting to do a campfire in the backyard for awhile and It's been really nice lately so we thought it was time for some backyard fun and some yummy treats!! It was a lot of fun, and did I mention it was very cheap entertainment for the kiddies! so thank you Andrew clan for the good company and the Smores'!! Dillon is already planning the next campfire and wants to do it VERY soon!! (my little party planner) Can't wait!!
Posted by Tami at 5:13 PM
Sunday, March 22, 2009
It's hard to imagine that we've been married for 11 years, it really doesn't seem that long ago I was stressing over colors, decorations and all the little things that go along with planning a wedding! But I can honestly say I've really enjoyed being married, I think there's a lot of people out there who you could be compatible with but it's very rare that you find your soul mate and boy did I get lucky and found mine, I love everything about Darin I wouldn't change anything, He is an amazing husband and father and I think we make an awesome team. I do have to share one funny story about our Honeymoon Night! (don't worry it's PG) OK so I planned the cruise and had everything booked and ready to go and Darin said he would take care of the night after the reception, Well he didn't take the time to reserve anything and figured we would just drive to mesquite and get a room, so we get to mesquite and find out it's spring break for college students and there wasn't a room available in the whole town. We than decided to go ahead and drive to Vegas (not wanting to go back to Overton) by this time we're both exhausted and well neither one of us were '21' so nobody would rent us a room and everything nice was full! A guy felt sorry for us and found us a room at the motel with the pool that has the glass windows, (I'm sure it was nice back in the day, I think it's on the movie Casino) we drove by to take a look and it was a little scary and I refused to stay there, so we decided to take our chances in Baker CA and what do you know everything was FULL (surprise, surprise) We were way to tired to drive anymore so we parked our car in a truck stop and slept in our car!! It wasn't so funny at the time but it's one of my favorite memories!!
Posted by Tami at 9:50 PM
This Tag came at a perfect time our 11 year Anniversary was yesterday!
1) When was your wedding day? March 21, 1998
2) What day of the week was it? Saturday
3) Did you get married in a church? No, The Las Vegas Temple
4) How many in your wedding party? 4 Bridesmaids, 3 Groomsmen, 3 Parent, 4 Book Girls, 3 Flower girls and lots of nieces & nephews to collect all the presents!
5) Where was your reception? The Logandale Stake Center.
6) How many guests were invited to your wedding? Around 300
7) How long did you wait to Tie The Knot after your proposal? about 6 mo.
8) Who did you hire as your photographer? Some old guy we found in the phone book, I can't remember his name, but only for the temple.
9) Did you have a DJ or a band? No
10) Did your father walk you down the aisle? No,
11) What color were the bridesmaid dresses & groomsmen vests? Burgundy & Mauve
12) Who was your Maid Of Honor/Best Man? LeAnn & Cord they got married 8 mo. later on the 21 of November!!
13) Did you have a Bridal Shower? I had 2 one with friends and one with family
14) What type of limo did you get? Oldsmobile Achieva!! to poor for a limo
15) Where did you go for your Bachelorette/Bachelor Party? Cord took Darin to "A little off the Top" to get a haircut!! the day before the wedding LeAnn, Genna & I went and got massages and ate at the Olive Garden!
16) What type of wedding gown did you wear? White, A-line with long sleeves and a detachable train.
17) How was the weather? It was nice.
18) Where did you go on your Honeymoon? We went a carnival cruise to Catalina & Ensenada Mexico!!
19) What was your favorite part of your wedding day? having lots of family & friends around!!
20) How long have you been married? 11 years!!
21) How old were you when you were married? 19
22) Did you live together before you were married? No.
23) How soon after your wedding did you have kids? 4 years later
24) Did you change your name? Yes
25) What was the first dance song? We didn't have a dance but I did dance with Rodger without any music!!
26) Favors ? No, just the typical Mormon wedding, mints with peanuts! Cake and punch!!
27) Any drama? Refer to previous post
28) Any regrets? I wish I would've hired a photographer for the reception, I love pictures
29) What was the weirdest gift you received? Can't think of one, it was so long ago!!
30) Who did the cake? A lady in our ward Donna Oakdan It was beautiful!!
I tag anyone who wants to share their wedding day with us!!
Posted by Tami at 8:59 PM
Dillon is definitely my crafty kid!! he enjoys a good craft and is always extremely proud of his creations!! As soon as he gets home he finds his dad and immediately pulls out all the stuff he did in school that day and than finds his brothers and shows them his pictures or crafts and than they go up on the board out of reach so they don't get destroyed!! I love all of Dillon's projects but I love the excitement in his voice when he brings something home that he's extra proud of even more!! it's just to bad I can't keep them all and I'm glad he's having so much fun in school, at my parent teacher conference Mrs. Hardy said: If only all the kids in the class were as good as Dillon she'd have it so easy!!
Posted by Tami at 8:02 PM
Dustin nice & comfy on Daddy's lap!
I love it when kids sleep not only for the peace and quiet but they look so darn cute! especially when they fall asleep doing funny things! Degan is growing out of taking naps, if I'm lucky he'll nap once or twice a week, I think he's afraid he's going to miss something and won't slow down long enough to nap anymore, but it's all good he goes to bed fairly early, somewhere between 8 or 9 and usually while watching a show before bed!! Dusty Boy on the other hand still naps but only once a day and usually gets woken up by you know who (Degan being loud) But he is super easy to get to sleep most of the time, when he decided he's sleepy he crawls into our laps and gets nice and snug and off he goes to dreamland!! Shhhhhhh!
Posted by Tami at 7:42 PM