Tuesday, May 6, 2014

May Day Madness







First I have to mention my Mom & Verl they are truly rock star grandparents they have made it to all the may day dances except for last year because we moved!! This year Dillon braided the may pole and they brought tinickling back!! He did great and I got the honor of braiding the may pole with him I tried to get him to pick his Dad but he gave some sorry excuse about getting sick from walking in a circle!!
Degan did the Mexican Hat Dance which was super cute! but there was a little drama before the big day; apparently there was not going to be enough girls for all the boys to have a partner so boys were going to have to dance with boys and Degan was not happy about that because he's already girl crazy, but a bribe to buy him a few tank tops at target and he was totally OK with it. Than one of the other mom's who just so happened to be the boy Degan was gonna dance with went to the principle and made a stink about boys dancing with boys and how inappropriate it is to force them to dance together. She even called me and told me what she had done. I can see her point and in some ways I agree but at the same time I was like it's just a fun dance and so not worth making a big deal out of!! In the end there were plenty of girls to go around and Degan danced with a girl just not Regan!!
Dustin did the traditional parachute dance!! I think the parachute and braiding the may pole have been around from the beginning, for heaven's sake I did them when I was in school!!
It was a great night and so fun to watch the boys dance!

No comments: