Friday, April 1, 2011

Liar Liar Pants on Fire

Yesterday evening Degan had been outside playing and he comes in walking kinda funny and holding his shorts up & away from his thigh. I ask him what happened and he proceeds to tell me this tall tale: "I saw a lizard and tried to catch him so I could keep him as a pet and he climbed up my leg and in my shorts and scratched me!" I'm thinking: "really, cause all the lizards I've seen run away as fast as they can, uhhh?" but you never know stranger things have happened and so I asked to see this supposed lizard attack scratch and it looks more like a road rash kind of a scrap, so I retell him the story and ask if he's sure that's what happened and I can tell by the smile on his face he's LIEING! where do kids learn to tell such elaborate lies??

No comments: