Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Speech Therapy!!

This story is funny to Darin & I and I just want to record it so we remember. So I took Degan to his three year check up with his pediatrician Dr. Kaduu back in October, and the Dr. is doing his usual exam making him jump up and down, hop on one foot, asking him a bunch of questions and the Dr. kept looking at me for answers cause for some reason he couldn't understand what Degan was telling him?? I'm not thinking anything is unusual, alot of kids don't announcieat their words and are hard to understand. Well the Dr. begins to talk to me and tells me that between the age 2 1/2 & 3 a child's vocabulary really picks up and you should be able to carry on a conversation and understand at least 75% of what a child says, and he continues on being very nice, I can't really understand what Degan is saying you might want to think about putting him in a speech therapy program. In my head I'm thinking What??? I understand almost everything he says!! On the way home I'm telling Darin and remember that his nursery teacher is a speech therapist and decide I'm going to ask her on Sunday cause who would know better than a speech therapist and she's been around him, So on Sunday I'm thinking she's going to tell me No he's fine, it's normal for three year olds to be hard to understand, but no she very nicely said you know it wouldn't be a bad idea, he's not as bad as some and he would probably benefit with a little help!! and than gave me all the info I needed to get him started. Darin & I had a good laugh and figure hey it's free why not. Today was his first class and he was sooo excited to go, when I went to pick him up he was a little disappointed he didn't get any candy well a lot disappointed he threw his backpack on the floor when we got home and pouted. But I'm thankful for a good Dr. who isn't scared to point out what he sees. But I still think Degan talks cute even if nobody can understand him!!

1 comment:

Annette Jones said...

he is a cute talker and he can make really cute mad faces we love you degan