Thursday, January 8, 2009

I've been Acquitted!!

I'm sure many of you remember my post a few months ago "Breaking the Law" well yesterday was my court date for my speeding ticket and I have wonderful news I've been Acquitted of all charges!!! A couple weeks after I got my ticket Darin took my ticket along with an e-mail from the traffic lieutenant stating what the new school zone rules are, so the ladies took a copy and put it in with my file. So yesterday when Lanny called me up he didn't ask me how I pleaded he said "I read through the paper you brought in & I did some research, I spoke to the sergeants out here & to some in Vegas and apparently the school zones are only in force 30min. before school & 30min. after or when children are present on the roadways. So I can't cite you for your ticket, your case is dismissed!! YAY!! you can only imagine how happy I was not to have to spend a dime. THANK YOU Lanny!!

6 comments:

Jennifer Q. Rawlings said...

Lanny's such a good guy isn't he.... He dismissed me on one of my tickets back in march from the same officer that got you...LOL

BallerinaBiker said...

Awesome! I'm so happy for you! I once got a ticket in the school zone, but I got Rogers or someone to remove it! haha!

Cami said...

What a dimwhit cop anyway! He should have never cited you. Thank goodness the judge was nice enough to dismiss your charges. I hear he can be a hard head! Good going Tami!

Gerilyn said...

Nice...Way to go Lanny! That's so awesome! I still can't believe that story!

Torrey said...

Yay Lanny!! That's great!

Trisha said...

Hey it's been forever since I have blogged.. I know I am such a loser.. Just wanted to stop by and say hi.. Oh and just in case you didn't know while I was reading your blog the James Blunt song You're beautiful was playing and it says the F word in it.. Just thought you might want to know that.. I never knew it did until one day I had it on my ipod and was running to it and ya instead of saying flying high it says the other.. Just an fyi... Hope you guys are doing well, your family is so cute:)