Monday, October 19, 2009

7 years ago!!


Dear Dillon,
7 years ago on October 16th my life changed forever, I became a Mom for the very first time!! I'm going to tell the story of your birth because it's a good one and it should be recorded. First off we were living in Vegas and your due date was Oct. 20th and Dr. Gondy figured you would be right on time or a little late, cause I was not dilated at all at my check up. On Oct. 15th we went out to Overton for the day to visit family, when we got back home later that night I was feeling yucky like something wasn't quit right, I lost my mucus plug and immediately went into labor, after about 45 min. my contractions were regular and very intense so I called the Dr. and was told to go to the Hospital. Dad was being so silly running around getting things together, it was just like the movies!! We had to drive all the way across town to get to the Hospital and only to be given a pain pill and sent home because I wasn't dilated AT ALL!! At Home my contractions got worse and worse they hurt so bad my body would shake every time I had one. At around 6:00am on Oct. 16th we cruised back to the hospital for sure I had dilated at least enough to stay, but NO I still wasn't dilated AT ALL!! (are you kidding me & please don't send me home was what I was thinking) But my cervix was so soft the nurse stretched me to a 4. I was so happy cause that meant I could stay and that you would be coming really soon! The Dr. came and ordered my epidural and we were Happy Campers after that!! (Thank You to who ever invented the epidural!!) Both your Grandma's came to witness your arrival, and with the help of our awesome nurse we had a pretty good team assembled!! After flip flopping from side to side I was finally dilated to a 10 and ready to push, we knew you were face up, but the nurse reassured us that everything would be fine and that the Dr. might be able to flip you around. Well you were stubborn and wouldn't flip and than to make things worse your heart rate began to drop cause you were under to much stress, so Dr. Gondy said I needed to have a C-section, I was so sad, but Grandpa Jones & Daddy gave us a blessing and I knew everything would be OK. They immediately rushed us to the operating room and when we got there the song "Complicated" by Aviral Lavine was playing (how ironic) It didn't take them very long to get you out and when they did they discovered the cord was wrapped around your neck twice, and that I had a big cyst. So even though things didn't go as planned or how I had hoped, Both Daddy & I were glad I had a C-section and that you were safe!! Hands down one of the best days of our lives!! I love you Dillon Ross

No comments: