Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School

Dillon at his desk!
Dillon all DC'd out for his first day of school!

Dillon survived his first day of first grade! the night before he was a little nervous but excited at the same time (mostly excited to eat in the cafeteria!) and I must say I was feeling the same way, it was a little strange to have him gone all day and I kept feeling like someone was missing and had to remind myself that he was at school and that he was OK!! He picked out his outfit the night before and had it all laid out on his bed so he could get up and get ready, he made his dad pack his lunch and fix him breakfast (he's such a daddy's boy) and than we took him to school, Darin said he walked right in the classroom hung up his backpack and went and sat at his desk and didn't even look back to say bye! I'm sure me taking him to cheek out the classroom and meet Mrs. May the Friday before helped a little. When we got him home and we asked how his day was he said it was AWESOME!! I'm so glad they switched him from Foster's to May's I think it's going to be a great year!!

6 comments:

Katie said...

How cute!

Rissy & Spence said...

wow, I sure glad he enjoyed his class & eating in the cafeteria. Where have the time gone I am glad everything is going gr8 for u & the family. Missu tons hope we all can see real soon for u to meet my husband. TTYL have super week, tell ur kids that I send my love from their cousin, Rissy here is my email address nichols4ml@gmail.com Hope & pray that u guys will have gr8 health. Love ya all

Brittany said...

Dang Dillion is looking pretty cool with all his dc stuff!!!!

shamanda said...

He layed out his clothes, who does that sound like. He is his daddy's son. Darin did that even all through high school. Ha Ha!

Annette Jones said...

dillon you look real sharp for school have fun love you

Megan Andersen said...

I remember you being pregnant with him in hair school...time sure does fly!!!