Sunday, April 6, 2014

Grandpa Hillstead

The middle school band had a spaghetti dinner fundraiser to get to Disneyland! I'm a sucker for kids needing help to get somewhere and if I don't have to make dinner it's a win win situation!! I must say it was CRAZY being there, I haven't been on the school grounds in years and so many memories flooded my mind some good, some sad. In that moment I realized I'd never taken the boys to see my Dad's memorial plaque and the tree that was planted for him! I miss him everyday and wish I had more time with him and that he was here to watch my crazy boys grow up! I know I know he's watching us from heaven but it's just not the same. It makes me happy though that my boys will get to be in a place that my Dad used to work! I think this plaque will have to be our memorial place since he's buried in Wyoming and we don't make it ther often enough!!

No comments: