Sunday, September 14, 2008

Spoiled Rotten

Degan relaxing playing his Nintendo DS Dillon playing his DS
I'll be the first to admit that YES my boys are "Spoiled Rotten" Dillon decided he wanted a red DS for his birthday,and would bug us almost everyday to go buy him one at wal-mart. We looked on ebay to try and get a good deal (we even told the poor kid that we won one and it would be coming soon in the mail so he would leave us alone). One day Darin got called in for some over time and Dillon turned on the water works, and Darin felt so bad he told him he'd bring him home a surprise! You guessed it a Red DS! Degan had been asking for a blue one for his birthday too, but we thought he just wanted one because Dillon wanted one. A almost 3 year old can't possibly be coordinated enough to play Super Mario Brothers. Boy were we wrong He's pretty dang good! and after listening to them fight over Dillon's for a couple weeks, Darin came home with a surprise for Degan! You guessed it a Blue DS! So they got their B-day presents a little early (OK a lot early) They are having a lot of fun playing them!
Funny Story: Since Degan got his DS it hasn't left his side. he takes it everywhere with him, and I mean EVERYWHERE, Well today he tried to take it to church with him, I caught him trying to walk out the door with it under his arm, so I tell him to go put it away, he responds: "It's OK Mom" I tell him "I don't think the bishop would be too happy with you taking your DS to church" he scrunched up his nose and makes a uugggghhh sound and marches over and puts it on the counter!! It was pretty funny, I wonder if he was thinking: "My buddies in nursery will really like my Blue DS!!!"

7 comments:

Torrey said...

Degan looks so cute in that picture and Dillon's road rash looks a lot better! Degan surprised me when I watched him play that game. He is dang good! I am sure he could tear me up on the DS!

Annette Jones said...

hey degan you and granny will have to play a game on our ds. that was a pretty funny story. degan and dillon we will be home tuesday.
love you lots

Vicki said...

It's amazing how good kids are at those types of games. Crazy!

ronda said...

Boy times have changed the things kids have now and how smart and quick to learn... You have such cute little guys

Torrey said...

Tyson and I were looking through your playlist and Tyson said that Darin must have wanted that bob Marley song on there because he likes songs that he can whistle to. He said that Darin's all time favorite whistling song is by Guns and Roses "Patience".

Jason & Claire said...

At least he didn't try to take it into the bathtub- mine did. Your 3 year old must be really smart. My 4 year old still doesn't get it!

Jed Wheeler Family said...

Cute blog! Your boys say the funniest things! You should write a book. :)