Monday, September 1, 2008

101 Things You May or May Not Know about The Jones Family!


I saw this on a friends blog and thought it was kinda cool, but it was a lot harder than I thought it would be, it took me about 2 weeks to come up with 101 things!! so anyone up for the challenge give it a try I dare you!!

1. We were the contractors on our house-It was a learning experience and there's allot I would do different!!
2. All My boys have the same initials-including Darin-DRJ
3. If Dillon would've been a girl he would've named Paige. Degan would've been Tatum. & Dustin would've been Brooke!
4. I love living in Logandale-I truly feel like this is HOME
5. Dillon has an amazing memory for a five year old, and he pays attention to detail, if I move something out of the room he notices right away!
6. I don't drink milk, I drink soy milk.
7. I never thought I would spank my kids, but I do, not often and mostly just Degan! (he can be a stinker)
8. I let my kids watch more TV than they should. (what else are you sappost to do when it's 115 degrees outside?)
9. I went to dental assisting school and beauty school.
10. I feel very lucky to be a stay at home mom, I would hate to miss anything my boys do.
11. I played the violin, piano and the flute when I was younger, but can't play anything now
12. All my kids are cuddlers, they love to lay with Darin & watch TV
13. I am the youngest of 8 kids, 5 girls & 3 boys - I was so spoiled-total daddy's girl!!
14. Darin is the middle child of 7, 4 girls & 3 boys - Isn't there something that says middle kids shouldn't marry the baby of the family???
15. I miss my dad & still think of him everyday.
16. Darin says he knew he wanted to marry me his sophomore year in high school -funny story: He noticed I wasn't going to dress out for PE so he didn't so he could sit & talk to me!!! he still remembers what I was wearing: my red gerbo's and a white shirt.
17. Dillon tells us he loves us at least 10 times a day-sweet kid
18. Our favorite place to eat is The Inside Scoop, we eat there sometimes once a week.
19. We own a condo in Idaho Falls that we rent out.
20. I hate having sick kids, stuffy or runny noses drive me CRAZY
21. Dillon punched a total stranger in the butt cause he thought he was going to take our milk, I was laughing so hard I couldn't apologize!!
22. I was a cheerleader my freshman & sophomore years in high school-I was the one they tossed around-I had a blast my sophomore year!!--GO PIRATES--
23. I asked Darin to the reverse dance my sophomore year & he had already been asked but told the girl no so he could go with me!!
24. Darin gets cars sick super easy, he sometimes gets sick when he goes out 4-wheeling!
25. I only like to do laundry when I have new clothes that need to be washed
26. Darin played basketball his freshman & sophomore year.
27. We got Degan's name from a motorcycle- freestyle- daredevil guy named Bryan Deegan.
28. Darin wants all his boys to be firefighters.
29. We love to go camping, we need to get a toy hauler so we can go more often!
30. Our wedding date is March 21, 1998.
31. I love to watch my kids play and laugh. you know those belly jiggling hearty laughs!
32. Degan who is almost 3 thinks he needs a blue Nintendo DS like his brother.
33. I have nursed all my boys for a full year & I can't wait to be done breastfeeding Dusty Boy.
34. All my kids have different colored eyes Dillon's are green, Degan's are brown, and Dustin's are blue.
35. Darin is a wonderful Dad, I love it when he puts them to bed and makes up silly stories!
36. Degan would play outside 24/7 if he could.
37. I have some good memories of my childhood vacations to Wyoming, we would go there every summer.
38. I would love to hire a interior decorator to decorate my house.
39. Dillon was named after Dillon McKay from 90210-Darin was a big fan of the show!!
40. We go to San Diego & stay at a KOA every summer with Darin's family-lots of fun!!
41. Dustin is obsessed with the remote control, he tries to eat it and gets MAD if you won't let him.
42. I'm so glad Dillon potty trained Degan for me, I so wasn't looking forward to potty training him.
43. Darin tried to teach me how to drive a stick shift in high school and I ran his car into a hill (poor turbo)
44. We would watch movies with a generator up at the water tanks or out at red rock all the time in high school.(we did more making out than watching-haha)
45. We're still Best Friends with our high school friends Cord & LeAnn. and hang out as much as we can-life can be crazy.
46. One of our favorite things to do as a family is watch movies in our movie room.
47. We plan on selling our house and building again (if the housing market ever recovers)
48. Darin & I are going to Germany this summer-can't wait!
49. I was bit by a dog when I was 7, I grabbed the poor dog's nards after it got a haircut and it reached up and bit me on the left side of my lip
50. We wanna go to Hawaii & Atlantis on vacation someday when the kids are older.
51. We like to play Hide-n-Seek as a family activity, we have lots of places to hide in our house!
52. All my boys have dimples-Dillon's are the deepest.
53. When I was pregers with Dillon I craved fruit (I'm not a big fruit eater) with Degan I ate A LOT of hot dogs (normally not a big fan of hot dogs) with Dustin I loved eggs and ate them almost every morning.
54. Darin works nights as a CO for the Las Vegas police department. So he makes the camute like so many people from the valley do so his kids won't have to grow up in the city. Thank You we love you for that!
55. Darin loves to day dream about winning the lottery, and how he would spend the money! He has a new plan at least once a month!!
56. We have a yellow lab named Ruger, He is 11 years old, the kids like to take him for walks but he doesn't enjoy it so much, he's a stubborn old dog!!
57. All my boys slept with me when they were babies, I think that made them cuddlers!
58. I play Bunco's with 11 other ladies, It's nice to get out of the house once a month.
59. My favorite song is "Behind Blue Eyes" by Fred Durst. Darin's is "Patience" by Guns-n-Roses. Dillon & Degan's is "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me" by the The Pussy Cat Dolls, they go around the house singing it all the time!!
60. Darin likes to listen to talk radio on his way into work or the Adam Corolla show on his way home.
61. If I could go back to high school I would go back to my sophomore year-best year! Darin would redo all the years, he says he didn't know how good he had it!
62. I wanna go see Oprah before she retires. It would be awesome to be on her favorite things show!
63. We love reality shows, some of our favorite's are: Run's House, The Hills, Tori & Dean, & American Idol.
64. My favorite ice cream is butter pecan, Darin likes double fudge brownie, Dillon likes superman(it's just vanilla with food coloring) Degan & Dustin like them all!
65. Degan would eat a hot dog everyday if I would let him (maybe when I was pregers eating all those hot dogs had something to do with it?)
66. My favorite oldie but a goodie movie is: Pretty Woman or Beaches -Darin's is: The Cutting Edge.
67. Darin & his bro. Tyson went and watched Michael Jordan play before he retired. He was on the Wizard's, they would've loved to see him when he was with the Bulls.
68. We've been down to the Las Vegas strip on New Years! CRAZINESS
69. Some of the toys we loved to play with: I loved my cabbage patch doll & my little ponies. Darin liked GI Joe action figures. Dillon likes his Lego's (we have the area under the stairs FULL of Lego's) Degan LOVES his power rangers. and Dustin likes his chew toys.
70. I have never broken a bone. Darin broke his finger (actually my bro Bryan broke it in PE) and none of my kids have broken any bones (knock on wood)
71. I have to color my hair every 4-5 weeks (darn gray hair)
72. We love Sea World, it's by far our favorite amusement park, we love not having to wait in lines, and who doesn't love watching animals do cool things!!
73. Darin would like to restore an old classic car someday, he's thinking a mustang.
74. Jobs I've had: Babysat in high school, Pizza Factory in college, Dental Assistant for Dr. Wagner right after I got married, MOM the best job of all!
75. Darin's Jobs: Landscaping in high school for the summers, Inside Scoop in high school, Glendale in high school, Cement Plant right after high school, Harmon's Grocery Store in the produce section in St. George right before we got married, Accurate Co. Construction right after we were married, and now a Correction's Officer. Man what a hard worker!
76. We own a 2004 Toyota Corolla-the camuter car & a 1998 Chevy Yukon-gas guzzler!
77. Our Favorite Colors are: Mine is Blue, Darin's is Black, Dillon's is Black (cause his dad has brain washed him) Degan's is Red (this week, it changes often!)
78. Our new favorite thing to do as a family is play the Wii, mostly Mario Cart. Dillon beats me every time.
79. We are going to start eating better, and workout more often.
80. Our house sits on an acre of land, we desperately need to start doing some landscaping, but where do we begin, there's so much to do!
81. We've been to a taping of "Wheel of Fortune" it was cool, but would love to go to "The Price Is Right"
82. My favorite type of food is chinese food. Darin's is Mexican. Dillon like chinese too. Degan is happy with any fast food joint.
83. Darin loves to play ping pong, expecially with his brothers, they get a little crazy!!
84. My favorite holiday is Easter. Darin's is Christmas. Dillon loves Halloween. Degan is just learning about holiday's. Dustin has no clue!!
85. Every Easter my family goes out to the Valley of Fire for an easter egg hunt, one of my favorite traditions!
86. We spend every Thanksgiving with Darin's family and every Easter with my family, we each picked a holiday we wanted to spend with our families every year and we never rotate.
87. Dillon loves to draw and I must say he's getting pretty dang good.
88. We slept in our car on our honeymoon night. It was spring break and Darin didn't reserve a room and everything was full.
89. We went on a cruise for our honeymoon, the carnival one that goes to catalina & ensenada, lots of fun! We want to do the Disney Cruise in a couple of years!
90. Darin would've liked to have been a fireman, and regrets not persueing it harder.
91. Dustin likes being held so much he'll reach for Dillon when he walks past him! It's actually really cute to watch Dillon try and tote him around!
92. We would like to live in St. George, well more on the outskirts like Dammeron Valley. It's to bad Utah wages stink. Maybe when Darin retires!
93. We lived with Darin's parents right after we had both Dillon & Degan, I told them I was moving back after Dustin cause it was so nice haveing extra hands!
94. Darin took two months off work after we had Degan & Dustin, it completley drained all his vacation & sick leave, but it was so nice to have him around.
95. Darin & the boys love to go 4-wheeling, we have nothing but desert behind us it's all BLM land so we can leave from our house & not bother anybody!
96. I want to get a rhino for me and the boys to cruise around, Dustin will be ready to go out 4-wheeling really soon!
97. I love having all boys, but if I was guaranteed 100% I could have a girl I would have another one!!
98. We are done having kids, at this point I don't feel like anyone is missing!
99. My kids love reading books, so I try to read to them every night before bed, they've been enjoying Dr. Suess allot lately.
100. Dillon thinks it's cool he's going to the same school Darin & I went to!
101. THE END!!! Hope you learned something new & I hope you didn't get too bored.

7 comments:

Vicki said...

I didn't know you were a dental assistant! I was too! Did you work for the Dr. Wagner on Meadows? I know his daughter Jennifer.

Bank On It said...

Wow Tami, I learned a lot about you! I didn't know you were a cheerleader and I admit I'm addicted to The Hills too.

Torrey said...

I really enjoyed reading it and I did learn some things about your family that I didn't know. I don't think I can take that on. I haven't even written a blog in a week. I know I am a slacker!

Jason & Claire said...

That was a lot of fun to read. I want to build our dream house and be the contractor someday- maybe I'll call you for help. And, I liked having all boys too...until I had a girl. I still think I like boys a little bit better. ;)That's awesome that you feel your family is complete and there is nobody missing.

BallerinaBiker said...

I loved everything! And I learned some new stuff too! I think your Sophomore year was awesome too! ;) And, I liked tossing you up! That was a really fun year too for me! I loved that y'all were so nice to me and were my friends. My birthday was borderline - I could've been in your grade or mine. There was really only 1 time in my life when I wished I was in your grade and that was when I was cheering with you.

Vicki said...

No I didn't work for Woody either. Natalie went to hygiene school with his daughter, Jennifer. They became really good friends and I've gotten to know her over the years.

Audrey said...

This is such I cute idea. I think that I am going to copy you. I loved reading all about you guys. To cute!