Monday, August 25, 2008

Kindergarten Kid

Dillon with his teacher Mrs. Hardy Dillon ready to go to school in his favorite outfit!
Today was the first day of school for Dillon, he was soooo excited, he's been waiting for this day all summer long! He was so cute the night before planning out what outfit he wanted to wear and getting it all together so as soon as he woke up he could take a shower and get dressed (he seriously had it all figured out!) All morning long he kept asking me if it was time to go catch the bus, (I think he was more excited to ride the bus than the whole school part!) When the time came we went out and waited and waited and waited for 20 minutes and would you know it the bus DIDN'T show up, he was so bummed, So we had to take him to school and I took him to his classroom and dropped him off (and NO I didn't cry.) We told him he would be riding the bus home, so he was happy about that and when he got off he had the biggest grin on his face!! and lots of stories to tell!! He had allot of fun and can't wait to go back tomorrow!!

10 comments:

alisha said...

Hey Dillon way to go bud! Don't worry maicey doesn't get to ride the school but until tomorrow morning. She has had a long 3 days wait. Tami isn't it nice having kids that are eager for school, I hope it stays that way. Love you guys.

Vicki said...

AHHH, the joy of schooling. I never cry on the first day either. To me, it is a nice break.

Trisha said...

Oh it's so fun sending them off to kindergarten.. When Logan first went to pre-school Eric and I both cried ha ha.. I am with Vicki though it is such a nice break that if I do cry it's tears of joy ha ha... Kidding, I do miss them but man it is great to have some time to myself.... Your family is so cute... Thanks for the comment on my blog, I really do have a great guy.. He is so good for us...

Jason & Claire said...

I can't believe the bus didn't show. Bummer for him. I'm glad he liked his first day.

Gerilyn said...

I'm glad Dillon had a fun day! Carson did too. I wish they were in the same class!

Annette Jones said...

Dillon gma and gpa are so excited for you to be going to kindergarten you look so big love you

Martine said...

Oh the joy of school! Mine start the 2nd of Sept. Just preschool. I took Ava to school for several weeks until she got her wheelchair and never cried when I dropped her off but on the first day the picked her up in the bus, I lost it. I don't know if it was the realization that I had a handicapped child or that I had one old enough to go to school. Anyway, no tears now...just so happy to have 3 hours with just one child!

Bank On It said...

I can't believe he's in school already! It's so funny how excited they get. Yay Dillon!

Torrey said...

Dillon- You are the cutest. I like your outfit you picked for the first day of school. Way to go big boy!

BallerinaBiker said...

Oh, so cute! And, to have sweet Mrs. Hardy, how lucky!! And, to me, school is the best thing ever invented!!! haha!