Friday, October 31, 2008

RIVALS

Pirates warming up before the game Tailgating--YUMMY
This post is for all you Pirates out there away from home! Last night was the big Pirate/Bulldog football game, and it was a good one!! both teams were undefeated but we managed to SMOKE them!! yes 35 to 21!! On their Home Turf -Even Better!! GO PIRATES!!
It's become a tradition the last couple years for my family to get together and tailgate for the big Rival game! My Nephew Casey plays second string so he does more sitting than playing (you know how it is out here) and my sister Bonnie & Brother In Law Vern live in Bunkerville (she still roots for good ole MVHS!) but he's from Virgin Valley so we all love to give him a hard time, poor guy! -This year was just as Yummy as all the others! we had Chili, corn bread,taco soup, hot dogs, and lots of cake (we have six B-days in October) And the Kids had a Blast playing football and goofing around on the side lines (the stands were all full so we had to sit behind the goal) We still had lots of fun & can't wait for next year!!
One last funny story: Degan my crazy child! was rolling down the little hills on the side lines which was fine but at some point he decided the big hill looked a lot funner so we all watch him climb up this big hill on all fours like a pro mountain climber!, I'm thinking he's going to roll down, but no the kid takes off running, he looked like Dash off the Incredibles, his little legs were going so fast! I'm sure you all know what's going to happen next, yes he totally biffs it, looking something like a rag doll! I guess he didn't get hurt bad enough cause a while later he started back up a smaller hill! I think he wanted to show off cause all his cousin's were trying to cheer him up by clapping and saying how cool he was! but his Aunt Carla was fast enough to stop him!! Crazy Kid, He's All Boy!

3 comments:

Annette Jones said...

it was a fun game to go to

Torrey said...

Degan is a tough kid! I was just picturing him running down the hill in my mind... so funny! I'm glad he didn't get hurt!

Taryn said...

Thats awesome that the pirates smoked them!! I wish I was there. I have had Jim & Carla's chili and it is yummy! Degan is hilarious! Tough kid!