Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Breaking The Law

Well I'm sum what proud to say that I'm 30 years old and never received a ticket until yesterday and thanks to Officer Mayer. Here's the story: I was dropping Dillon off at school and on my way home by the fair ground parking lot I notice that a HP is headed my way so I look at my gauge and I'm going 25, thinking I'm OK cause I'm at the 35mph sign, no such luck he flips on his lights & siren and pulls me over. He comes to my window & asks for all my info. Just my luck I was in a hurry and didn't grab my purse! I go to get the Ins. & Registration and notice Darin's Gun is sitting on top of it, so I tell the officer my husband works for the police dept. and his hand gun is in the car, I pull the gun out along with his badge and the guy reaches into my car and grabs the gun from me, and yells Unbelievable which scared me and made me a little nervous. He goes to his car and then returns and begins to lecture me about having a weapon on school property and says what if I would have shot you cause you were waving that gun around. so I say I wasn't waving the gun around I was just letting you know my husband's gun was in the car and he raises his voice and says do you think this is a joke, I could arrest you right now and take you to jail, is there someone you can call to come get your kid, I'm serious is there someone you can call (I had Degan with me) I begin to well up and respond I don't have my cell phone. He walks off and Degan asks: Is that man mad at you? He goes and writes me a ticket for speeding in a school zone and not having my license. I have to appear in court in Jan. so I'm hoping Lanny will have mercy on me cause I'm pleading NOT GUILTY for speeding I wasn't in the school zone & even if I was the sign says 15mph when kids are present & their were no kids in sight. Another funny thing is he flashed his lights at my SIL Ann five minutes before he pulled me over so it should have been her ticket!!! OH well it was a memorable 40 minutes!!!

9 comments:

BallerinaBiker said...

holy crap! It's a pretty funny story though, but I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time. That is one of my fears - the gun thing. Ben is not a cop but he does have his concealed weapons permit and he likes to carry the gun around with us. What a jerk of a cop. Seriously. I can't believe he gave you a ticket for speeding in a school zone. What a jerk! I sure hope Lanny is nice. At least he knows you. Did this other cop know you?

GrandmaLori said...

Wow Tami, this is a (convict) side of you I have never seen before! LOL :) You always seemed so sweet. Just kidding....We love you!!!!! and you are still SWEET.

Torrey said...

Poor Deagan... to have to hear the cop yell at you and be a total JERK! He was so wrong and you are so not guilty! Very impressive that you have never gotten a ticket before!!

Vicki said...

Well, I just got pulled over a few weeks ago too. I had two tickets in high school and haven't had one since. I have to go to court in December, I'm hoping Lanny will go easy on me too.

Cami said...

If it were me, I would have my husband go talk to that cop and give him a piece of my mind. That was totally uncalled for the way he treated you. That officer ought to be FIRED for pulling that kind of shenanigan!

Sunny said...

Holy crap! That was my reaction while I was reading. I am sorry that happened to you. I am sure Lanny will be understanding. Good luck!

LeAnn said...

If you went to jail I would post bail for ya! Mean old NHP! The only ticket I've ever gotten came from them too!

Gerilyn said...

What a jerk! I'm so sorry that happened to you. I hate stuff like that. That makes me so mad just thinking about how he treated you.

Jason & Claire said...

Holy crap! I've never gotten a ticket after saying Jason works for metro! That guy is out of control! Lanny will for sure go easy on you. You are definitely not guilty. I still can't believe this. That's crazy.